Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed - E.L. James Honestly I couldn't even finish this book. I got a little more than halfway done and couldn't go on. I felt compelled to complete this trilogy because everyone rants and raves about how good it is so I kept pushing myself thinking the good parts I've been hearing about must be coming up momentarily but when I reached the halfway point of the third book I had to admit that said good parts were nonexistent.

I can appreciate some good smutt if the mood strikes me and I'm one of the few who isn't ashamed to admit that I will read occasional erotica so when I heard all the hype about this so called-x-rated-gone-mainstream Fifty Shades Trilogy I was overjoyed that this once once taboo genre was finally crossing into the world of socially acceptable, however, after embarking on the often painful journey of completely nearly all three of these books, I can assure you, that is certainly not the case. These books are far from the x-rated erotica they were advertised as and frankly I want my money back! J/k but seriously I was so disappointed...the story line was weak, the sex scenes were to vanilla for my tastes and once you read one you'd read them all, it was just a drawn out boring saga. I think it could have easily been condensed into just one book and that might have made it somewhat better although still not very good, I'm afraid.