The Couple Next Door

The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena I thought this was overall a good book, I'm tempted to go so far as to call it a very good book. It was your typical psychological thriller with adequate twists and turns and suspense. Just when I thought I had it figured out there was a new development, another layer peeled back and my theory was proven wrong . This was a quick read, I finished it within 24 hours, and it definitely held my attention to the last page with a surprise twist of an ending that left me hanging a little bit when a new dilemma was revealed, although the basic mystery of the plot had been satisfyingly uncovered and addressed. I know that sounds pretty vague but I'm reluctant to include any spoilers in my reviews if I can help it because personally I look to reviews prior to reading a book to get a better idea of weather or not it's something I want to read, therefore I prefer reviews that don't give away any spoilers and try to stay consistent to that with my own reviews. I will say that I do find the title a bit misleading and probably not the best choice for this story but that's a very minor consideration overall. For a debut author I was certainly impressed and will look forward to reading more of her books as they are released. I gave this book a solid four stars and would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys quick, entertaining, fast paced, suspense novels, full of twists and turns till the very end.